Friday, April 22, 2011

poppies & honey bees


I was immediately inspired to recreate these poppies from the latest issue of Martha Stewart's Living magazine, May 2011. Luckily one of my best friends called in a special order for a floral designer, which I feel these poppies are perfect for her and even more perfect to welcome Spring!!!



Since I was already baking and decorating, these honey bees and hives were just begging to be made. Especially when you want to send someone a special treat.....




I know what you're probably thinking....."Those look like bumble bees".....Work with me people. These were just too darn cute NOT to make them a combo......

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!!! Those bees and beehives are delightful. Love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaawww.....Thanks Bets!!! I think so too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there.... awesome cookies. I live in South Africa so do not have access to Martha Stewart's mag - could you please scan and post the recipe for these delightful cookies both flowers and bees on your blog if possible?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous....I was "just inspired" to make these poppies & honeybees & used my own sugar cookie recipe. You might be able to access the photo spread @MarthaStewart.com. Maybe in the future I will blog about decorated sugar cookies.....Thanks for the inquiry.

    ReplyDelete