Sunday, January 29, 2012

momofuku milk bar's carrot layer cake

I've baked more than I have blogged this past week and I've got some sweet stuff lined up for future posts. But today's post I REALLY wanted to share (or should I say brag) because it was THAT good!!! 


If you live in New York City or Brooklyn, go to a Momofuku Milk Bar and try something!!! ANYTHING!!! My faves are any of the Cake Truffles, Birthday Cake, Corn Cookies, Cereal Milk, Cereal Milk Ice Cream, Blueberry & Cream Cookies, Chocolate-Chocolate Cookies, Cornflake-Chocolate-Chip-Marshmallow Cookies, and obviously Crack Pie which I blogged about here. And now I can add to my list...Carrot Layer Cake. I will not be attaching a recipe to this blog post mainly because the level of difficulty involved in making this cake. I'm always up for a challenge and frankly, a little obsessed. And if you are too, drop me a comment or go out and buy this cookbook!!!


Oh yes, I am completely obsessed!!! I'm currently making my way through this cookbook and if you plan on seeing me in the near future you will forced into eating a plethora of yummy goodness.




So let's just take a look at the Carrot Layer Cake recipe.....First component to the recipe is Carrot Cake. OK. That sounds reasonable. Next? Plain old milk. No problem.


Third component....Liquid Cheesecake????? What??? What??? What???


Next comes Milk Crumbs. I've made these before for the Blueberry & Cream Cookies, but that's a whole other post. 


And finally Graham Frosting!!! 




Can you see why I DIDN'T include the recipe????? This as well as the other cakes listed in the book are super special cakes. They are extremely time consuming but worth every delicious morsel. My husband and I met up with his cousin and his partner for dinner last night and of course I brought the dessert.....

No comments:

Post a Comment