Saturday, June 15, 2013

sweet sunny corn muffins

A sunny day = sweet sunny corn muffins!!! 
And an iced coffee too!!! :)

I've been craving corn bread lately and I set myself on a mission to find the most delicious recipe. Last night when I found Dorie Greenspan's recipe for corniest corn muffins, I just knew that when I woke up this morning I was making them. Mission accomplished and they are delicious!!!

I just love an easy recipe! Mix and bake. 
It's that easy.....

Sweet Sunny Corn Muffins
thank you Dorie Greenspan
makes 6 - 8 large muffins

INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
6 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt ***I used 1 teaspoon of kosher salt***
pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted and cooled
3 tablespoons corn oil ***I didn't have corn oil, so I used veg oil***
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 cup corn - fresh/frozen/can (drained)


Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a muffin pan with liners or spray with baking spray.

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg (if using).


In a measuring cup, measure your buttermilk the add you egg and yolk, oil and melted butter. With a rubber spatula, carefully mix wet ingredients to your dry ingredients; fold to combine. It's OK that the mixture looks a little under mixed and lumpy.


With a scoop, evenly distribute your batter into your liners. ***I made mine large here, but you can easily get 12 muffins if you use standard cupcake liners.****

Bake for 15 - 18 minutes for regular sized muffins, 20 - 25 minutes for large ones.


Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.


Eat warm plain or slather with more butter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment